The siding on your home not only boosts its curb appeal but also serves a practical purpose. It protects the structure of your home from inclement weather conditions and pests. If you’re on the fence about getting new panels, here are five signs it’s time to do so.

When to Get New Siding

1. Cracks or Loose Pieces

If you have cracked or loose panels, water can seep through and penetrate the underlayer. This can result in damage to the walls and foundation of your home. It also gives insects and rodents a place to hide.

If it’s only cracked or loose in a couple of places, you may be able to replace just those sections. If a large portion of the surface is showing damage, it’s time to replace it all.

2. Warping

Your siding should be uniformly smooth all around the house. If you have warped or bubbled panels, it’s likely to due to inferior quality, age, or excessive exposure to the sun. Choosing a quality vinyl material can prevent this problem from reoccurring.

3. Mold

SidingIf you see mold in the seams, it means that moisture is settling underneath. If you don’t address the problem, water can seep into the walls of your home and affect the structure. You may even notice the paint inside of your home begin to peel in the affected areas.

4. Holes

When you have holes in the siding, insects can find their way in. If the holes are only in small sections, you can replace the damaged pieces. If the surface is covered in holes due to wildlife problems or storm damage, it’s time for a full replacement.

5. Dry Rot

Dry rot happens when wood siding gets wet, and fungus slowly eats away at it. Consider replacing it with an engineered wood that can more effectively withstand the elements.

If you’re ready to replace your siding, contact the team at Tri-State Wholesale Building Supplies in Cincinnati, OH. They offer high-quality vinyl, engineered wood, and fiber cement siding. Their friendly team will help you find the optimal material to fit your project. Visit their website for more information on their products and services, and call (513) 381-1231 to speak to an associate.